Oh no, prelims are beginning tomorrow. A last minute reminder (meaning that Mr Fong should have posted this guide earlier- but forgot):
1) Use your time wisely!
2) Sleep early! (yes I know it is 12.08 a.m.)
3) Don't panic, if you do not know a problem sum, try to use the information to write something logical!
4) After you do that, skip it and return to it later.
5) For the dreaded Speed questions, remember to LABEL THE INFORMATION!!!!! For e.g., label as 'speed of Mr Fong' or 'distance between Orchard Cineleisure and Pakistan' etc.
6) After labelling, use logic- if they give you S (speed) and T (time), you are definitely supposed to find D (distance)!
7) If the question give clues like "left 3 hours later", find out how far the earlier one had travelled in the 3 hours!
Prelims are usually nothing to worry about, as PSLE is key, but Mr Fong would want to use the results to gauge the benchmarks to be set for your beloved PSLE. Mr Fong has already made the toil, now it is the time for you to show the stomach you have for hard work and battle!
Show me the capacity to fight. Good luckkkkkk... ;)
Stumble It!




18 comments:
GOOD LUCK to those who are taking their PSLE.
I really cant imagine how I sneak through mine back then. I don't rem I am slogging thru the books leh. I was surprised that I got all A's for 4 subject which I have never scored so well for English.
So... this is a miracle again !! :)
Hello Janice, thanks for your kind wishes (although I am not the one taking PSLE!!!) :)
Yeah, PSLE seems a distant memory, but now it is very tough. Hence all the complaints every year. Sigh.
Haha, hope a 3rd miracle emerges... ;p
Thanks Janice!
Hey Winston,
I think you should put up a Chat Box or Shout Box. A quick way for us to leave our messages to you.
What you think?
Ah hello Waterlearner: Sure :) Thanks for your kind suggestions,heh. And...thanks for the tag! ;p
Take care, Karen!
Winston, I have the same thoughts as Karen & long wanted to ask you but everytime forgets :)
Janice: Ya lor, I guess i am lazy to do it.. ;p But don't worry I shall; very hard for you all to leave little messages by commenting, very troublesome too.
Thanks for your comments.. :)
mr. fong! consider yourself tagged :)
http://sweetpeamy.blogspot.com/2007/08/10-things-i-hate-most.html
Hello sweetpea, that is sweet of you :D
Many thanks!
I am back to blogging after a couple of days attending meetings and seminar. Now I am doing catch up in answering messages and visiting all my friends blogs.
Well, I hope it is not too late.
I wishes all your students all their best! When they score you can get more students in the near future!
Blessings to you Winston!
I think this post taught me something! :) You are the best tutor!
I love this sentence, "Show me the capacity to fight" that is great!
Ann
Sam: Oh no wonder, realized that your blog was 1-2 days unupdated (for the first time, haha).
It is okay, thanks for your encouragement! I am sure they will try their best.
It is important, in teaching, to just do your utmost. Once you have done your part, whatever the students do is up to them- but I must try at least, right? :-)
Take care and thank you, Sam!
Ann: Hello, thanks for your encouragement :-) I am glad that you are always here with a kind word of encouragement, it is a great morale boost all the time!
I am sorry I went fr Tuesday's Question late, was so busy.. :( Don't worry, do update me when you update with a question/post and Mr Fong will fly over to your blog!
Thank you, I hope they do indeed show the stomach for the fight (not with me, of course :P). Best wishes, Ann!
Hi Winston, i love the computer graphic in your post!
Since you are a math whiz, i have some formulae for you at:
http://projectheavytraffic.blogspot.com/2007/08/i-cant-join-payperpost-yet.html
Check it out! Cheers!
MT: Which computer graphic?
Haha I understand the formulae,but the problem is, I don't fit in the criteria too.. :(
Heh, take care!
Winston, I wanted to tell you I tagged you with the "I love your blog" badge! Come by A Nice Place In The Sunm and pick it up when you have the chance.
And remember, you are one of my favorite blogging buddies! :)
Ann
Hello Ann: I have picked it. I am just so grateful for your kindness, such that I feel like the chances of me giving you back something in a sincere return is so minute relatively- such is the greatness of your love and kindness in my blogging life.
YOu are definitely one of my best ever blogging friends. Thank you so much :)
Hello Mr Fong, thanks for the lovely comment you left at my blog.I immediatly came around to visit you,and I find you have a lovely site here that I knew nothing about...well, I am going to rectify that by adding you to my 'regular blogs to visit' list ! Then I wont miss out on any lessons .. Have a great day further.. :)
Jessethecat!!! What a pleasure to know you, I have read your blog and have come away mightily impressed.
I am thankful for your link and thanks for categorizing me, I am so sorry I did not go to your fantastic blog until today, I must have missed out on so much.. :S
Take care and Best Wishes to you!
Post a Comment