
Mr Fong knows that after all the scoldings, advice and nagging, one fact remains unchanged: PSLE is coming! ("darn.")
If you have been too absorbed in your Nintendo Wii's SpeedTennis gaming feature, and yet can't do the 'DST' speed formula, this post might not be for you.
If you are more interested in the blaring noise of arcades (remember those Day-tona days?) or those noisy, noisy parties, than finding those idiotic volumes (of figures, not the decibel one), this might not be for you too! Say hooray, and go-back-to-do-your-revisionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Today, it is important we know how to consolidate. The concepts have been tweaked with, the methods repeated over and over again, and your Prelims would have told you how well (or terribly? :P) you will be faring in PSLE. Now is the most 'heng' (lucky) time of your Primary School Life, as you just need to rest, sleep well and remember, rather than wasting time listening to me teachers. Soooooo good, hor?
Mr Fong feels that yesterday's question was already explained, so that's done and dusted. What concerns me is, well, a very particular murderer (click on link for question). After all, as the saying goes, "Save the Best for the Last!" So there......
4 Simple Steps to Save yourself from The Murderer
1) How much does Suzie sew in 1 hour? (1 dress/7 hours = 1/7 of dress)
...
3) Suzie sews 1/7 in 1 hour.With Rachel's help, they sew 1/4 of the dress in 1 hour.
Out of the 1/4 sewn every hour, Suzie contributes 1/7 of it, while Rachel does the rest!
Erm...Agree anot?
Wait, one question...
1) Mr Fong is not a mother
2) Mr Fong is... (good gracious me) not a hen!!
OK now honestly, it's Mr Fong birthday and he feels like a hen, where he does not get to celebrate much (where's my zouk?), and just has to lay eggs! OK, Mr Fong knows egg prices are rising, but... (look at point 2 above)
Do you agree? :P
Warning: Mr Fong is a Maths tutor, so any enquiries should not revolve around him and his eggs. Any naughty people caught doing so will land with egg on their faces.
Stumble It!




28 comments:
Winston, looks like both you & your brother's birthday are near to each other? I recall the other day you are having celebration over at Pizza Hut a few days after I posted my unpleasant incident there? So how you celebrate yours? Sorry that you cant enter Zouk. Hang in there... another 7 more yrs mebbe?
Hope you have a good weekend & rest more :)
Janice Ng
here's one for the road of celebration :)
http://sweetpeamy.blogspot.com/2007/09/age-i-wish-to-go-back-to.html
Happy Birthday!
Check this out!
http://lifesprisms.blogspot.com/2007/09/happy-birthday-to-winston.html
Haha, thank you Janice...Ya, we are 9 days (and aeons of years :P) apart! Haha, celebrated by having meals here and there, spoil my dieting plan.Lol.
Couple that with teaching teaching teaching, and it makes a Busy Birthday. Haha, ya zouk need so many years more... :( Do u patronize it?
Thank you for your nicenice comment! :D
Haha, thanks for the tag, I really don't know how old I want to be. Being a Maths tutor, sometimes I want to be -3 years old, lol!
Thanks once again :D
Hi Karen: Wah, I'm really touched.
Have received some presents, cards that made me smile, and heard some students very kindly ask me what brand I like (like they can buy me Billabong store like that ah :P)so they can get me stuff, but this one is absolutely Fab! :D
So kind of you to drop me a post in my honour, and to add up the awards in my blog. Dunno how I can eatmymaths without your continuous help and encouragement leh :P
Thank you SO much!!!!!!!
Mr Fong,
Happy birthday a little bit moody cos i am losing a veri veri veri nice teacher i got to go.
bye
From
Sidney
Happy Birthday ! All the best in your studies
Dear sidney: Thank you for your kind wishes, I'm very touched that you came to wish me.
please do not misunderstand me- I never said I would not be teaching you! I am just considering my overall future in this line, so do not worry. I will inform you of my decision--- it applies to all students, not you only . Don't worry!
Good luck for PSLE, thanks for the wishes and I hope u enjoyed the card :D Thank you for the praise, you are an awesome student to have too. I am honoured to have taught you.
Dear William: Thank you for your wishes. Good luck
Hi Winston,
Happy belated birthday!
I hope you had a nice birthday celebration.
Okay. Let me share to you a few words for this occasion. You are indeed a great math tutor. However, you mustn't use your math skill for certain occasions such as calculative in career or judging the type of presents that you received. :-)
Have a nice weekend Winston.
Best Wishes
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion
Hallo Mr Fong! Wah another maths teacher! But at least the question not so 'complicated' chicken & hen & egg I can understand a bit!He! He! Oh happy belated b-day wishes from me! BTW tq for dropping at my 'hor ny' site! Have a very nice day!
Dear Sam: Thank you for your wishes, I am very happy to receive them :D It is v great when someone bothers to wish you, such a warm fuzzy feeling, haha.
Indeed, you are very wise. I agree with u. Sometimes in work, there will be petty politics. This happens even school, like "Hey, I helped you in your homework but you refuse to help me!" Sorry for using school examples as I am too young for office work yet ;p
Yes, I also agree with your calculative part. Sometimes when I get a present from someone I do not really like, I will question myself if the present is genuine or got some other meaning.
Sam, thank u for your wise words, it is more important than all the glitzy presents, for yours contain wisdom!
Have a wonderful weekend, Sam!
hor ny angmoh: Your blog name too enticing liao, so i had to visit. Lol.
Thanks for dropping by too, I think its easy to understand as it is 'soft concept' maths- unlike 'hard concept', these little irritating maths qns test concept, but more cute forms, like 'egg', 'chicken' and 'hen',Lol!
Thanks for ur wishes, keep dropping by hor ;p
haha. arent you glad PSLE is almost over?
YES! Even Mr Fong needs to study.
Haha, see you tomorrow. Till then, cheers to laying eggs!
Oh no, I am NOT a hen! (point 2 ah.)
But anyway, thank u for coming over, yeah, exams coming. Very glad PSLE almost over, I hope my slogging will work......
God bless u, Eeming :)
happy bday
stay HARDWORKING always ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Winston! I hope you had a great one, and I'm sorry I'm late. I meant to get by here yesterday, but of course, I didn't know it was your Birthday! Best wishes always- :))
Ann
Hi anti-mugger, thanks and dun insult me for being lazy lah. Study hard and dun let Mr Fong catch u slacking,kekeke (bet he won't :P)
Hi Ann again: Thank you for the wishes and making me smile :D
It's ok, getting a wish from u is good enough...Lol.
Thank you!
oh pls, I hate mugging, :)))
you are hardworking okay, esp. on this BLOG!! :O
Winston, I left you a birthday message in todays post. Come read My readers response to A Picture Paints A Memory, when you have a chance. It's below today's video that goes with the post! Happy Birthday friend!
Ann
AntiMugger: You might want to sign up for some torture sessions in Eatyourmaths then, haha!
Thanks for commenting!
Ann, I read it already, thank you So much, you are truly a great friend! I appreciate it alot. Thanks! :D
Hi Winston,
Wow .. your comments are climbing! Good! I see that your blog is gaining popularity, buddy!!
Hello Winston,
Belated Birthday Wishes :) and I hope you had a great time, it sure sounds like it my friend.
As for gifts, it is the thought behind them and not the gift that is important. An example I would use is that for my birthday my daughter will give me a small bar of chocolate. I receive this with great pleasure knowing that it is given with love and sincerity.
Have a great week :)
Hey Karen...Really increasing meh? I thought last time had more except for the last few small little ones leh. Haha!
Anyway, thanks for your encouragement, buddy :D I hope it's increasing, recently very lazy to post as I got birthday and exams coming..
Thanks for coming, and GOOD LUCK FOR THE MARATHON! Mara Mara...
Hi Colin...!!!! So excited to see you here, Eatyourmaths has missed you terribly, haha.
Hmm...I enjoy your words of wisdom. Thank you for your kind words and wishes, and your advice. Indeed, the thought is more important in a present than the glamour and glitz it brings one!
Thank you for your reminder, your daughter is so sweet :P
A present filled with love, no matter how simple, will be worth more than an expensive, but insincere one.........
Post a Comment