
Hark the long-awaited day that has been waiting since the break of dawn, the quadruple terrors that would terrify the venerable Mr Fong... and God bless you.
To all my dearest, tormented young souls:
I have sent out my traditional little notes of thanks, appreciation and well wishes, and I hope you like them (who doesn't like what Mr Fong sends! :P). Now, it is up to you to show me what you can do, and have been doing.
Do relax, and remember all my nagging, which has to be the most pleasurable event in classes for all the 'tormented, young souls' in Eatyourmaths classes (Am I right? :-) ).
Please remember not to spend more than 1 hour on your Section A and B, or you will fall short of time at the end! Just skip it, and move over.
Ah,OK that's all I will be saying. No point talking maths at this point already, bless your souls. Thank you for being such lovely kids, and although all of you love to be late and talk throughout class, Mr Fong was like that last time too!!! you have all been so sweet, and Mr Fong believes he has done what he could possibly do for you.
Let the tiny notes be kept to remember me, and remember the bet we made about your grades, ya!
Show me the fight in you, and while I think that working hard and scoring well are important to a child's confidence, the eventual result is not the most important necessity in life. When we reach the end of our lives, we will learn that:
1) When you apply for a job, you will never be asked for how much you scored for learning algebra and cross-multiplication when you were 12 (unless you are 13 years old), and
2) A fantastic PSLE result will not necessarily make one happy when he reaches the age of 90 and looks back. A disappointing result does not mean you were born in a dustbin, am the stupidest kid on earth and will end up in the dustbin.
Do you agree?
You are all such sweet, intelligent kids, you will have no problems and I wish you well.
GOOD LUCK! :D
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
... And so the torture starts.
Posted by
mr fong
at
11:55 PM
Labels: PSLE Maths
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stumble It!




28 comments:
Thanks for your words over at mine. I haven't forgotten you but just too busy to hop around my friend's these few weeks.
How's your birthday celebration? :)
Janice Ng
Hello Janice: I know la, with your 2 cuties, haha ;p How are they?
It was very good,thank you, but still had to tutor abt 6 hours (despite trying to pon classes, wahaha! Anyway thanks for asking!
Take care :)
Fully agreed with Mr Fong. At the end of the day, it is how much you can contribute to the society that counts and not how many marks you scored in exam.
All the best to all PSLE takers. God Bless !!!
How can you cope with your own classes yet have to tuition pple for 6 hours?
Janice Ng
David, thank you for coming, and your well wishes! indeed, getting a 50 or 90 for Maths does not make a difference- not everyone has to be Archimedes.
Thank you for your participation.
Janice: Still need to find time to blog hor? ;p
Hi Mr Fong,
Being a maths teacher myself, I share some thoughts of yours. Results are not everything. Getting 100% in the maths exam does not mean a thing if attitude and character does not tally. Basically education is to better a person so that they can ultimately give back what they have achieve to mankind and to the society. Your passion in teaching tells in your blog and in a relaxed manner you can attach to others. Good work. I have a maths site also, but more of a serious type (www.limeehai.com)as I am new le... Need to learn from you. Cheers
Hi Mr Fong,
Being a maths teacher myself, I share some thoughts of yours. Results are not everything. Getting 100% in the maths exam does not mean a thing if attitude and character does not tally. Basically education is to better a person so that they can ultimately give back what they have achieve to mankind and to the society. Your passion in teaching tells in your blog and in a relaxed manner you can attach to others. Good work. I have a maths site also, but more of a serious type (www.limeehai.com)as I am new le... Need to learn from you. Cheers
Hi mathsguide, thanks for the kind comment!
Indeed it is not as impt whether you get 100 or not.Thank you for your views, I have been reading your blog :P Your maths is more advanced than my level, lol!
Thank you so much for dropping by!
You are such a good and kind tutor. Your students are fortunate to have you.
Yeah...Winston's Shoutbox is up. And I managed to be on time to be the first to shout!! Yippeeeee!
Hi Waterlearner: Thanks for your kind kind kind kind kind comments! :D Thank you too for commenting FIRST on the shoutbox! hehe..
Hi Winston,
All the best to all your students. You are indeed a good tuition teachers. Keep it up!
Thanks for the link to my blog. I really appreciate that.
Have a nice weekend
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion
Hi Sam, thank u for your kind wishes, have missed you over here. ;p PSLE is over but the students will greatly appreciate it!Dunno whether they studied,kekeke...
No problem about the link,always meant to give it out but too lazy and busy to do so ;p
Take care Sam!
Mr Fong
P.S. I deleted my old reply to you coz I'm trying out the link thing at the end. Does it work?
I did not see your comment signature!
Did you type in exactly like what I gave you in MyBlogLog message?
It should be something like this:
<a href="http://eatyourmaths.blogspot.com/">Winston Fong</a>
Good luck.
Sam Chan
Ah Sam, thanks for the help, I'm less technologically extinct now! Haha...
Winston Fong!
Winston, I saw your comment over at mine. What link are you refering to? :)
Janice Ng
Hi jan, thanks for the concern. Sam has just taught me, try out the link to see if I'm correct this time? ;p
Eatyourmaths!
Hi Mr. Fong! I agree. You cannot judge a child's aptitude based on any test. Everyone has their own, unique intelligence, just like personalities or appearances! :)
Hi bobby, thanks for yr valuable views. Maybe that's one flaw of the education system- everyone must be cookie-cutter carbon copies who are Good in Maths, Good in English, Science and must be interested in the Humanities! (ijust made a good alliteration, haha ;p)
Education should educate ppl on what they are good at, not what they should be good at.
Thank you for dropping by!
Hi Winston,
Many thanks for dropping by :)
Many people can be very clever and achieve high grades, but that doesn't mean that they will be nice people.
How they relate to others is far more important as each of us in unique with our own special talents.
Colin
Thanks Colin, for teaching me...It's impt, as a tutor/educator, to advocate finding the talents and strengths in each person, and not to tell them what they are supposed to be good at. Your comment reminds me of Bobby's ;p
The best would be for one who knows his strengths, and is a nice person (Like Me, lol!)
I see you're using the link thing at the back of posts,haha.
Winston
Yup, Winston... you are now technologically more IT savvy and wiser! - had comprehended the HTML Anchor and HREF attribute stuff :-)
Blessings
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion
Thank you, Sam!
Sam Rocks
Winston Fong
I haven't had that many great teachers from my early school years. I do remember some of them though. They are the one's that gave a little more attention to me than most of the others.
Teaching is in my opinion the most noble and important of all professions, especially when teaching small children. Those teachers that really try to get to know each student will have a much bigger impact on that student.
Thanks Winston!!!!
Bobby,appreciate ur views. Indeed a teacher does not teach 40 commodities, he teaches 40 students with feelings and life.
Thanks for droping by!!!! :)
Winston Fong
I've always said the same thing about job interviews. They will never ask you what the square root of a number is or grill you to see if you know the state Bird of Kentucky.
Going off on a tangent here, and I do apoligze I think they should teach kids a course in things people need to know when entering the workforce (like how to write good resumes, make a good impression on interviews, and all that kind of stuff) to better prepare kids for the real world.
Thanks for the read! :)
Anti-Barbie,thank you for your valuable views. Indeed, who gives a damn about square roots when you are working, lol! Your vision is more long-sighted and I appreciate it.
Thanks for coming too, hope to see you around!
Post a Comment