Saturday, September 1, 2007

Teacher's Day: in the night no holiday ah?


OK, so today, in the sunny suburbs of stunning Singapore (note: alliteration), we celebrate Teacher's Day.


Of course, Mr Fong did not expect to, and duly did not, receive any tearful hugs or kisses or just simply put, any tasting (or testing) of the functioning of the salivary glands of my students/ my students' parents/ both of the options. However, Mr Fong is thankful for the well wishes and words of appreciation from his students (wow, my students are sweet! Amazing. ;p)


Today's lesson, therefore, would not be a Mathematical lecture (OK, stop those shrieks of joy,shhhhh), but a grandmother story (oops)...


To be honest, looking back, Mr Fong has been blessed with many great teachers, that has motivated him (well, he does need a lot of it, doesn't he?), nurtured him and punished educated him.

Teaching has been a root of Mr Fong's joy, and he enjoys all the scoldings, shrieks of joy, nagging, jokes and craziness (you-know-who-you-are,ok ;p) he finds in class. Instead of only teaching, he has also learnt many things from teaching (note: juxtaposition).


No kid is stupid. They might not be inclined to the academia area, but it does not mean they cannot think. The whole world can't be made up of doctors, lawyers and nerds geniuses, right?


Happy Teacher's Day to all! For yet more inspiration, read this post by Sam of Acquire Wisdom to get more.


OK, lecture over. Now you get your recess extended until the end of the day, let The Teacher enjoy his holiday! Heheh :)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

hey,you couldn't bet i wasn't going to be interested.I've 3 kids in school and i come from a family of teachers;dad,mom,sister,brother,brother,brother,aunt,cousin,inlaws,...and more.Very useful site you have!

mr fong said...

Hello Felix: Welcome to Eatyourmaths, the fine gustatory world where your senses get tested to the limit, and trust me you will savour it :)

OK, that was nonsense,lol. I'm rambling.It is a very interesting family you have! I think it is perfect, if they love what they do, such an arrangement is phenomenal! Wow...

Haha, thanks for the praise and your interest, I am very humbled. Thank you.

Take care!

Jos said...

Happy Teacher's Day, Winston!
I am shure you have spent it very (strike-though)lazy(end strike-through) useful!
Another nice post to read, Mr Fong!

Yesterday you mentioned that you would not leave a Quote on my list of suiggestions, as you feel you are not a "linguist". First, that is not all true (I noticed your use of styling-tools in you posts), second, I am sure that there are many maths-related quote from other (strike-through)idots(end strike-through)scientific genoiuseseseses that you may find worthy of bringing up! So please do. I am curious!

Jos:)

mr fong said...

Hello Jos: Firstly, thank you! :) It's a pleasure getting well wishes from you. Thank you.

Secondly, I will do it since you seem so passionate about it :)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,
Happy Teacher's Day!
Thanks for mentioning my post "Be a Great Teacher". I really appreciate that.

Best Wishes
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

mr fong said...

Hi Sam, no problem. Thanks for the wishes! I'm touched..

Don't worry, wow your post is 5th.Haha! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

hey mr fong
happy teachers day and ur a nice teacher

mr fong said...

Hello thanks sidney :) Very touched and thankful for having you as a student.

WaterLearner said...

Hi Winston!!

Happy Teachers' Day!

Blessings!

mr fong said...

Hi waterlearner: Thanks for your kindness! PSLE is coming!

mr fong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello mr fong......Your questions veri hard, but I know how to do all! YAY

Btway, thanks for teaching me and helping me, happy teacher's day and hope you enjoyed the present.

Ron

mr fong said...

Hello Ron: Thank you, better know how to do the questions ok :P

Take care, see you soon!

Choonie, the Guru said...

Happy Belated Teacher Day. Glad to know another blogger who loves Mathematics.

mr fong said...

Hi Choonie: THanks for the greetings, I appreciate them. Happy teacher's day to you too!

I'm glad to know one who teaches Maths to adults, it's a different, difficult life, yes? :)