Everyday I check MyBlogLog for my stats and I patiently read up the forums,PSLE complaints and grouses of grouchy parents and I start dreaming and posting rubbish replies there without actually trying to read the content because I know that any paper, as long as dubbed 'PSLE Maths', would inevitably lead to complaints and arguments that scream "ONLY MY SON CAN DO WELL!" or "I WOULDNT COMPLAIN IF MY CHILD FOUND IT EASY!!", or better ones like "CAN WE JUST SEE THE PAPER AND JUDGE SO WE WON'T COMPLAIN!!! (yeah right)", so I ignore them but seem like an ignorant bugger, for I 'don't understand the plight of the sorry parents' and therefore I should continue to stoke the fire by saying that the PSLE was fiendishly difficult, and that we should revert to rote learning and memorizing questions, but alas, I would now be called a protective bugger and this post is a result of pent-up frustration and irritation such that it is still one sentence long- what a short post.
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stumble It!




18 comments:
Well... I guess in my job, we learn that it's never possible to please everyone. So we just make do. Like I said in the previous post... everyone's entitled to their opinion. If you can't convince them, don't be too bugged about it. There's very little you can do. :) Kudos Mr Fong. have a better Sunday :)
i agree with 'the bimbo'... if u can't sway them, jus ignore them...
well... maybe i'm too old, too tired to bother to argue with people anymore regarding a lot of things.. just let it be!
I think it is important to say what we really think pleasantly but diplomatically. Else it's better not to say anything.As I grow older, I find that, at times, it is more beneficial to all parties that I just hold my peace.
Blessings! Good Luck to your exams.
Bimbo: Indeed. I dunno why I did this post, maybe for fun and to show off literary balderdash. Heheh.Actually I did not really try to talk there, only when I was asked and interrogated. haha...
Therefore somehow regret no effort was made to sway them, and the worst thing is I had to sit there and patiently read when I wanted to bolt... :(
It's OK. Thanks for your time, I will have one :D
Daphne: Yup. I will try next time, hehe ;p
No la, you're not too old.....
Karen, hope it was not too crudely expressed... A post of pent-up irritation. Now gone..
Thanks for your wishes, and I agree- it feels good to argue your stand convincingly, but sometimes as you said- just hold the peace and you get less trouble.
All parents want the best for their children, and sometimes push them too much.. and to be a teacher is not easy.. we have to teach them well, know and understand our students better, evaluate them, and also being in cooperate with their parents.. it is difficult and need wisdom, Mr. Fong.
Thank God you have this blog and you can express your feelings here!
Teachers are humans.. they do have feelings and sometimes they feel upset too! :-)
Trinity from Rooms of My Heart
Trin, I like how you Thank God when I get to rant haha ;p You're right, I rather release here, you are so thoughtful. Thanks for ur kind words and email.
I always do what I can for the kids and I would gladly work my guts off to help them, but the parents sometimes are... Difficult la. And after teaching a kid with your heart for 2 hours and trying, it's hard to listen to excessive whining on the forums.
Nevermind, I will deal with it- thank you for your support still :)
Yay! Gambatte to you too, Trin..
Hi Winston,
I guess at times like that, it is wise to remember and use your own fine quote as a reply: "The only time success comes before work is at 25:00 hours" - Mr. Fong
as always, Take Care & Have Fun!
-Jos:)
What I learnt over the years is to remain silent. "Silent Kills the Lamb".... hehe ;p
Janice Ng
Hi Winston, Come and celebrate my 100th post with me and collect your award! Cheers! MakeTraffic
Hi Winston,
I hope the following can be helpful to you...
Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.
The choice you make today will usually affect tomorrow.
Take time to laugh, for it is
the music of the soul.
Harsh words break no bones
but they do break hearts..
For every minute you are angry with someone, you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get back.
Do what you can, for who you can,
with what you have, and where you are.
HAVE A NICE DAY
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion
Jos: What a surprise! It is pleasant, wonderfully so, to hear you here! Haha :) Anyway, thanks so much for the referral to my own quote. It takes for a surprise, you are a bright man, Jos :D
Jan, do you happen to know I'm born in year of the sheep, hehe.
MT, what a surprise! You made my day, and touched me. You're so kind, and very talented to make it yourself. All the awards I give u are all people give one, not I make one ;p
Sam, thanks for the quotes. I'm not very angry- it was more like trying to post in 1 sentence- but I appreciate your thought and kind friendship.
Thanks :-)
Hi Winston, here is another great quote in this context. Haha! It is by the "inventor" of 'the peter principle':
Speak when you are angry -- and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret - Laurence J. Peter
Jos, you touched me with your kindness. Now I feel violated coz you touched me, LOL ;p
It's very kind of u, thanks!!!
Post a Comment