Friday, November 23, 2007

PSLE Results 2007- Singaporeans all so smart, hor!!!

Yesterday... was the Big Day. From 12pm to 1pm, Mr Fong faced a barrage of calls and SMSes, like "Mr Fong ah, good luck for your students hor!", or calls to shout the results into my ear (why shout?) delightedly. For a moment, in that 1-hour period, he wondered what had made him so attractive and ... alluring, while lying in a cosy spa bath (actually not, just his bathtub in a dingy Queenstown area).

There were screams of delight, shrieks of surprise, and of course, Mr Fong's imminent deafness. But let's leave that for later.

For a little moment, Mr Fong feared that everyone would score T-scores below 100, judging from the numerous complaints (littered with one of my own, hehe ;p) But in spite of betraying his innate nervousness, such as delving into saucy, sleazy grandmother stories, or displaying silly artwork that seems more suited for children.. "Ah, make it toddlers!".... the results came, and God was, and is, fair, once again.

[...]
Being an inherent Maths addict, Mr Fong can't help but use Percentage to display his results (he belongs to the Stone Age, and does not know how to use Microsoft Excel Pie-charts!!!). So, let's see...

Pass Rate

Before starting Eatyourmaths Sessions: 33%.

After PSLE results: 100%.

Average

Before Eatyourmaths sessions: 61.2.

After PSLE results: 83.2.


The percentages are very positive, and what pleased Mr Fong more was that these scores include students that have been failing Maths for 2 years... So right now, he looks like this:

Handsome prince......

Anyway, now for the vital statistics (NOT my 3 dimensions...!!!):

Top score: 262.

A* Percentage: 40% of all the students, including those who were not destined for it, got an A*.

I'm happy. Most of them are delighted with the improvements. Some are delighted to get their A*'s. Some are delirious at managing to pass for the 1st time since p4. Overall, as I said, God is fair. Those who worked, got it. Those who did not, well...... Too bad. I was most gratified when parents called me to thank me as their children improved, and for helping their kids to get their grades. This gratification made my day, and makes all the toiling worthwhile :)

[...]
Mr Fong once took the PSLE too. He still remembers that he was playing with Oxy 5 Pimple Cream on the day of the results. Now, as his father lovingly commented, he now has to put medicated oil on his forehead before the results come out... LOL. Indeed, it has been an infinity times more stressful than getting his own results.

As he once said sensationally, PSLE results were based on the everyone's results, and is a Transformed Score. There was a break of record- someone got the Megatron Score (edit: from Transformers) and broke the record with a 294! I hope that allays the fears of the parents...

If the paper is difficult, do not fret: whoever is in front of you, behind you, on your left, or on your right, would find it difficult too. Just do what you can.

Just remember to do your Eatyourmaths homework dutifully, like a good boy. Tsk. Now Mr Fong has to go for Ear Candling Rehabilitation, after all the emotional surges yesterday. Tsk x 2.

28 comments:

Renhao said...

Omg stats... you hopelessly math boy!

Nawww they were very useful. And very impressive too! Congratulations Mr Fong. Keep it up. :D

Anonymous said...

I put up my class statistics too. Whee! I am very proud of my superkids. They did better than expected, especially for Science and English. They don't have good foundation for the language... Whee!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the gd results of ur students :)

i still maintain that teaching psle students is a bad idea... haha... im so over it. been there done that, never gonna look back again! ho ho ho.

Trinity said...

Congratulations Mr. Fong!

I like your words: If the paper is difficult, do not fret: whoever is in front of you, behind you, on your left, or on your right, would find it difficult too. Just do what you can.

I will tell Clay about it when he is crying doing his math..KUMON.. :-) wish you can be his tutor!

xinliang said...

smiles!! (:

xinliang said...

boo!! ur guesses for their t-score were spot on!! psychic. =P
gong1 xi2!! *congrats!* (:

pkm said...

wahaha...

I shall bombard our dear Mr Fong with O levels maths questions next year... :P

MakeTraffic said...

Congratulations Mr. Fong!

You are a genius! Can i book you in advance for my son. He is less than 2 years old. Haha. Dun know that time you still teach tution or not.

Anyway, Cheers! my friend

MakeTraffic - for more Web Traffic and friends

J@n!ce said...

So you can "pang xin" now since results were released & all your students passed. Congrates :)

The Bimbo said...

Whoa... good stats man :) Keep up the good work!!

Jos said...

Well done, Winston, very good!
:)

Sam Chan said...

Hi Winston,

Congratulations for a job well done. Your student good results are your fruit of labor. Keep it up!

Blessings to you, Winston
Let's Acquire Wisdom and Live with Passion

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Winston, I'm so sad to see that you will not be blogging any longer. You're a one of the kindest people I've had the good fortune to meet and I will miss you. I hope you'll still come by and visit A Nice Place In The Sun and that you'll consider blogging again sometime.

Best Wishes to you Winston.

Ann

Bobby Revell said...

I don't know much about the way scoring is done there or exactly what test you are talking about, but I am happy to hear that you're having success with your students!

If it's a test considered a standard, what age group of students do you have?

mr fong said...

Thanks, Fairy! Yeah, they did well, thanks again..hehe..

mr fong said...

Singaporeteach: It is a difficult job, good job and well done. It has been a hell of a ride for me. I'm still mentally tired.

mr fong said...

Thanks, Daphne! Yeah, it has been so hard. Guess I have to cut down on PSLE batches from now on, I don't want my white hair to grow.. Haha.

mr fong said...

Trinity: Thanks... :) Ya, it is true. The psychological aspect is very important in PSLE, so need to prepare.

I can't go Indonesia to tutor him... ;p He seems like a smart kid, from what you tell me!

mr fong said...

xinliang: Yeah, i roughly know what are their standards mah ;p Thanks anyway!

mr fong said...

@ Pkm: *runs away, absolutely terrified at the prospect of the barrage*

mr fong said...

LOL, MT... Your comment really made my day... LOL... I laughed until crazy. So young and you are so kind to me with your comments..Haha. ;p

Thanks!!!

mr fong said...

Thanks, Janice! Ya, I pang xin liao.

mr fong said...

Bobo, yeah you should know right ;p It has been good, thanks for your help!

mr fong said...

Jos: THANKS! Yup, you keep going too ok :)

mr fong said...

Sam: Agreed, thanks for your encouragement. indeed, I feel so relived now.

mr fong said...

Ann, I missed you and I'm back :) Rawr.

mr fong said...

Bobby, they are all 12 year olds. Too immature, LOL! But still a sweet bunch. They did well, it's out of 300.

adult stories said...

``Mom, while I didnt doanything wrong, and while you probably wont believe me, Im not involved inanything. COLLINS Malfunction.
blackmailed by black cock stories xxx
granny lesbian and girl sex stories
real bestiality stories
free online animal sex stories
best erotic stories
``Mom, while I didnt doanything wrong, and while you probably wont believe me, Im not involved inanything. COLLINS Malfunction.